Thursday, June 01, 2006

10 Simple Pleasures

Jane Sunshine posted another meme on her blog and as usual, I couldn't resist. In my opinion, such trivial pursuits were created especially for Fridays when the mind starts gearing up for the weekend. So here are the 10 things that bring stars to my eyes (in no order of importance):

1. Hot coffee, cold tiramisu or cheesecake, a warm bed and a deliciously good book during a raging thunderstorm
2. Unexpectedly good writing from my own pen (or keyboard)
3. Sliding effortlessly into a yoga pose I've been practicing for months
4. Smooth flowing traffic on the Federal and Sungai Besi Highways
5. Meeting someone and instantly knowing you want to be friends forever - I've met 4 such people this year
6. A new handbag
7. A business meeting that finishes early in a shopping mall that houses a sprawling bookstore
8. A holiday with P
9. A party!!
10. Making someone else happy

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

I esp love no.5. It's such joy to meet a total stranger and bond immediately. And new handbags, always could do with that.

1:26 AM  
Blogger starlight said...

Jane - yes, isn't it so wonderful when you meet somoene you instanly click with. Especially when you get older and making friends isn't as easy as it used to be.

Bikinibottomsamurai - thanks for dropping by and sure you can copy it!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Rafleesia said...

My god I soooo know what you mean about No.5! For me, the funny thing is they have all been women of late. I swear, I have met so many AMAZING women this year. But alas - not a man in sight worth the conversation.

PS. again, I am going to have to copy your content for my blog!

7:15 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

with the exception of david byck, all of my connections have been with women too. and some even discovering connections with old friends, which is even better!

yes, yes please copy it! i rip such memes off jane sunshine anyway! :)

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home