Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back To Life

I feel as though the pinprick of light in a dark room has suddenly grown to thumbnail-size and I'm overwhelmed by the extra view.

India and the ashram was nothing short of amazing! The tiny ashram stood proud on the banks of the Ganges river, surrounded by the magnificent Himalayan range. The entire place throbbed with energy that gradually seeped into our bodies and made us feel like it was the safest, happiest, most peaceful place on earth. The daily 10 hours of yoga - includes meditation, chanting, philosophy lectures, karma yoga, Bhagavad Gita study and asanas - was gruelling at first but by the third week, our only concern was how to go back to our old life again. And to get used to the fact that we're now fully qualified yoga teachers!

Before I left, I said I would come back with a backpack full of stories to tell. Now I'm not so sure anymore. What I experienced was so deep that attempting to put it into words would mean coming across as a nutcase! :) However, I'm toying with the idea of writing a book about it when I'm ready so perhaps that would work out better. I'll also post up some pictures once I get them developed.

All I'll say now is that these past five weeks have been the best thing I've done for myself!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Welcome Back!!!

Was wondering whether you were planning to remain there..

Cheers

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading your words today. They are so light and joyful. I am excited for you and am looking forward to your book.

Peace out,

6:02 AM  
Blogger starlight said...

Ben - What a great surprise to see you here! Hope things are going fabulous on your end and do drop me an email coz your new add has gotten lost in the bulk. :)


Anon - Thanks so much. Funny you should say that about the post coz that's exactly how I feel - light and super happy!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Rafleesia said...

Congratulations! What you are feeling takes some people a lifetime to find - and some never. I am dying to find out more - you can tell me - I already think you are a nutcase anyway! Glad you are back!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home