Thursday, December 22, 2005

As It Usually Happens

Well, whaddya know? After staying up past the witching hour for the past few nights preparing for the magazine pitch, we get word on the morning of the big day that the pitching has been postponed to January 12th. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So I chose the second best alternative - plunge headfirst into eleventh hour Christmas shopping. I exited One Utama for the umpteeth time this morning with the final batch of presents. Now it's my sister's turn to wrestle with the wrapping.

I can't wait to get home tomorrow evening. No doubts the highways will be choked with traffic but the thought of the festive air back home more than makes up for it. Pie, turkey, ayam masak merah, tomato soup, lamb, chutney, acar, coleslaw, mash potatoes and if I'm lucky, even trifle. And that's only the Christmas Eve dinner menu!

By the time I crawl into my next yoga class, the only pose I'll be able to muster would be The Pot-Bellied Pig....if it existed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home